Saturday 19 August 2017

Why - a Teacher? Part 2

Hi guys!

I'll continue my #sophiateachingstories.

In case you guys miss the first part, you can click this link.

So, after I got accepted in Teach For Malaysia, there are preliminary works that I did. I went to Rancangan Orientasi Sekolah for 1 week in a government school in Miri. I shadowed a teacher and she is awesome. Time tu memang rasa best gila kat sekolah. Tambah lagi aku dapat sekolah kluster, memang best tak terkata. The workload is quite burdening but the result is awesome. Students semua baik baik. Even kelas paling belakang pun bawak buku teks wei! So different with what I gone through now. 

Then, I went through Ujian Kelayakan Calon Guru (UKCG). Now, this is the most important capstone for me. I went through five stages of physical test. The test are bleep test (I stopped at 2.7. HAHA), jumping, push up and the other one I cannot recount the name (nama Melayu dia Kilas Sisi kot). Then, I sit for a test (100 questions I think). Lepas balik UKCG tu nak habaq wei, sakit badan semala 2 minggu. Cramp sana sini. Nak drive pun tak dapat tekan pedal minyak. HAHA. And you know what, I survived! I passed both tests. Yeay!

I wait for at least 1 to 2 months till MOE finalised my name to be one of the candidate. Then I went for Pre Service Programme (PSP) organised by Teach For Malaysia. It is 6 weeks programme (3 weeks of lecture and pedagogical skills and 3 weeks for Kem Skorlah - teaching the students). 

Lepas habis PSP, aku balik Miri kejap. Tunggu orientation week (a week before school reopen). Time tu ada jugak lah drama-drama. Bila kawan kawan lain seronok dapat placement, tetiba pulak lah nama aku tercicir dan penempatan aku tertangguh. Hati time tu tak payah cakap lah. Hancur hancur aku. Time tu memang marah gila kat semua orang. You are strong, you are strong konon. 

Aku masuk sekolah lambat. Ada la dalam 2 minggu. So dalam dua minggu tu aku jalan jalan area Johor. Melangut sana sini. So now aku selamat ditempatkan kat sekolah kerajaan. Banyak pengalaman aku dapat selama hampir 2 tahun kat sini. Aku share dalam Part 3 (memang takkan habis la cerita kalau macam ni, haha).

Sampai jumpa lagi.

Pecah kaca pecah gelas,
xoxo,
SJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment